Interested in finding anyone that was a student of Lenny Frank on Long Island
Beach Runner
2014-05-07 21:01:58 UTC
Lenny Frank was a great teacher, totally unique.
I'm looking to share information, get a pages
of his I lost and such.

Lenny taught people how to play clubdates, jazz and classical music.

He personally was a great chord solo player as well as being
a concert level classical guitarist.

His teaching was very unique. It was sad we lost him.

I realize the odds of finding other students is rare.

Bob
s***@gmail.com
2020-08-06 14:09:36 UTC
Hi Bob, I was a student of Lenny’s in the early 60s. I don’t unfortunately have any of his notes... Phase 12 and three but I would love to get my hands on them. I am a guitar teacher by trade in New York City and also value greatly having Lenny as one of my teachers. Jon Geist
***@gmail.com
Don Sucher
2022-03-20 00:02:44 UTC
Post by Beach Runner
Lenny Frank was a great teacher, totally unique.
I'm looking to share information, get a pages
of his I lost and such.
Lenny taught people how to play clubdates, jazz and classical music.
He personally was a great chord solo player as well as being
a concert level classical guitarist.
His teaching was very unique. It was sad we lost him.
I realize the odds of finding other students is rare.
Bob
Al, I do still have Lenny's notebook. I emailed that friend of a friend.

:)
Don Sucher
2022-03-20 00:07:57 UTC
Post by Beach Runner
Lenny Frank was a great teacher, totally unique.
I'm looking to share information, get a pages
of his I lost and such.
Lenny taught people how to play clubdates, jazz and classical music.
He personally was a great chord solo player as well as being
a concert level classical guitarist.
His teaching was very unique. It was sad we lost him.
I realize the odds of finding other students is rare.
Bob
I saw your interest in Lenny's notes via a friend of a friend.

I, too, studied with Lenny and I do still have the notebook in which he he'd place and mark his little string diagram stamp. And, I suppose, at least some of his hand written notes.

(Frankly I remember him saying much, and writing little.)

Its been years since I looked at it. (I last saw Lenny in, I think, 1966.)

If what I have can be of use to you let me know. Or at least what it is you are looking for so I can see if it in my notebook.

* * * * *

Yes, I still play. Haven't done so for an audience since the very late sixties.

I remember Lenny coming to one of my group's concerts -- rock, which of course wasn't his style, but still he had and expressed enthusiasm for what we did. http://break-a-way.de/bands/abtracts.html

Indeed following that concert he even invited me to play his D'A New Yorker. That was quite the surprise! 😄

Lenny was a privilege to know and study with. And he meant more to me than "just" a guitar teacher.

Do drop me an 'e' if I can be of any help.

-Don Sucher
Debi Frank
2022-05-11 20:03:29 UTC
Post by Don Sucher
Post by Beach Runner
[...]
My name is Debi, and I am Lenny Frank’s daughter
. I wasn’t sure you were talking about the same Lenny until you mentioned his guitar, his D’angelico. I would love to hear any history you had with him and any notes you might have kept. Please email me at ***@gmail.com
Bob C
2022-07-23 13:47:30 UTC
Post by Don Sucher
Post by Beach Runner
[...]